Hisense H9F 4K HDR LED TV Review – Product Profile
65H9F ULED 120Hz Android Smart TV
The H9F Series is Hisense’s top tier lineup for 2019 and offers high-end premium picture quality at a budget-friendly price.
The H9F Series is available in 55” and 65” screen sizes. The 55” model is priced at $599.99, whereas the 65” model is only $899.00.
See current price for the 65H9F at Amazon.com
Over the past few years Hisense has been improving their television products including better reliability and picture performance, and now has reached a point that I, as well as other industry enthusiasts, can now recommend the Hisense H9F display to anyone looking for great picture performance at a very affordable price point. And furthermore, this Hisense model my very well be the best bang for your buck TV currently available.
The H9F has also received very good customer reviews which you can check out at BestBuy.com, or click on the Amazon link above to see additional customer reviews.
- ULED technology upgrades the performance of every pixel and creates a picture that transforms your favorite content into an ultra pristine viewing experience. Furthermore, ULED, or Ultra LED, is the term Hisense uses for a collection of 20 different patents around four key areas: Ultra Wide Color Gamut, Ultra Local Dimming, Ultra 4K Resolution and Ultra Smooth Motion Rate. As the name suggests, this is an LED TV technology, but those propriety patents all work to enhance your viewing experience at home.
- Up to 1000 nits of peak brightness output which provides very good bright highlight performance when viewing HDR content.
- Full-array LED backlighting with local dimming with up to 132 LED zones (65” model). This will provide better contrast and black levels in addition to more precise local dimming.
- Artificial Intelligence technology – Delivers intelligent picture and audio quality by using algorithms to ensure the optimal viewing and listening experience.
- Quantum Dot color technology and wide color gamut capability provide a richer and more intense color spectrum with an expanded range of color combinations.
- 4K/2160p resolution for breathtaking HD images
- Watch 4K movies and TV shows at 4x the resolution of Full HD, and upscale your current HD content to pristine, Ultra HD-level picture quality.
- Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG high dynamic range format compatibility for expanded color, contrast and brightness when viewing HDR content.
- Android TV with Google Assistant – Stream more than 500,000 shows, movies, live sports and news from popular channels. And with Google Assistant built-in, you can quickly access entertainment, get answers, and control devices around your home, all with just your voice.
- Motion Rate 480 – Allows for very good motion clarity while viewing fast-action content.
- Two 15-watt speakers
The H9F has solid build quality and features a very sleek and stylish design with very thin borders, which for the most part has become the norm for flat-panel TV design. The screen contains a glossy finish which in my opinion allows for better picture quality in the form of transparency and clarity and provides increased picture vibrancy that allows images to pop from the screen.
The TV is very thin at the top half but increases in-depth on the bottom half due to the TV’s electronics being housed in this area.
The TV’s stand has a very unique design and adds a touch of class to the H9F’s overall appearance. The stand also provides good stability for the panel.
- 4 HDMI 2.0a inputs
- 2 USB inputs – one 3.0 and one 2.0
- 1 RCA audio/video composite input
- 1 Digital optical audio output
- 1 RF input for cable/satellite TV
- 1 Ethernet input
- ARC (Audio Return Channel)
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth enabled
- 1 headphone audio output (3.5mm)
- With stand: 57.1”W x 35.5”H x 11.1”D
- Without stand: 57.1”W x 33.0”H x 2.9”D
- With stand: 45.9 lbs.
- Without stand: 43.7 lbs.
Warranty: One year parts and labor
- Excellent contrast and black level performance made possible by the displays full-array LED backlighting w/ local dimming
- Very good HDR performance
- Good 4K upscaling
- High peak brightness output delivers very good specular highlights when viewing HDR content
- Wide color gamut and quantum dot color technology produce an intense and vibrant color spectrum for a very life-like and accurate color presentation
- Very good motion handling delivers smooth and blur-free fast-action content
- The H9F is a good TV for video gaming and delivers excellent input lag measuring approx. 16.0 ms with 1080p and 4K 60Hz signals
- Overall good black screen uniformity with very minor blooming when viewing white objects against a black background
- Great value – Best in class performance
- Lackluster sound quality which is not uncommon for flat-panel TVs
- Picture image degrades when viewed at wide angles – contrast and color saturation loss
- Some slight blooming around bright objects set against a black background
The Hisense H9F delivers premium performance that typically commands a much higher price of admission for the level of performance obtained by this otherwise high achieving television. The level of picture quality at this price point is unsurpassed and solidifies the H9F as the performance class leader of mid-range 4K HDR TVs.
An HDTVs and More product profile.
You may also like this review of the Hisense H8F 4K HDR TV.