Featured Product: JBL Soundbar System
JBL has been in the audio business for quite some time and is well known and highly regarded for producing quality and great-sounding audio products. One area of their audio expertise is with soundbars.
It’s been several years since I’ve done an article on a JBL soundbar, and that particular model was the JBL SB400 which is now discontinued. So I figured it was time to feature another quality soundbar from JBL.
In this article, I will feature the JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Powered Soundbar with a 6.5” Wireless Subwoofer. This is a current model that was released in 2019 and is very popular with consumers and has received an overwhelming number of positive reviews from its owners. Check out those reviews on Amazon.com.
The JBL Bar 2.1 is one of six models from their current lineup of sound bars and holds the second spot just above the entry-level model.
The JBL Bar 2.1 system consists of a sealed soundbar that contains four full-range drivers and two 1” dome tweeters. The sub enclosure contains a 6-1/2” woofer. The system also comes with an IR remote for wireless control of the soundbar system.
From the manufacturer:
The elegant JBL BAR 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar features Bluetooth, Optical, HDMI in and ARC connectivity with both Dolby Digital and JBL Surround Sound modes. Its room-filling 300 Watts of total system power delivers an immersive experience by way of its four powerful full-range drivers, two 1” tweeters, and JBL engineered 6.5” subwoofer. On-board Bluetooth allows you to use the Bar 2.1 for streaming music from your favorite device in addition to its ability to deliver a real JBL theater experience when coupled with your flat panel TV. Its elegant and low-profile design will look amazing below your TV.
- 2.1-channel sound bar and subwoofer system
- System frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- Built-in Bluetooth for wireless music streaming from compatible devices
- Remote control
- Two-channel sound bar with six total drivers
- four long-excursion racetrack-shaped full-range drivers
- two 1″ dome tweeters
- Built-in amplifiers: 50 watts x 2
- Dolby Digital decoding
- “Smart Mode” (enabled by default) applies EQ settings and digital signal processing for rich sound effects
- “Standard Mode” EQ preset reduces sound effects
- Wall-mountable (brackets included)
- 38″W x 2-5/16″H x 3-7/16″D
- Weight: 4.76 lbs.
- 6-1/2″ down-firing woofer
- Connects wirelessly to sound bar for easy placement
- Powered by a 200-watt built-in amplifier
- AC power connection required (power cable included)
- 9-1/2″W x 14-15/16″H x 11-1/16″D
- Weight: 12.5 lbs.
- 1 HDMI input
- 1 Audio Return Channel-capable HDMI output
- cable included
- 1 Optical digital audio input
- USB port for connecting a thumb drive
The JBL Bar 2.1 Deep Bass Soundbar will deliver a big upgrade in sound quality when compared to your TV’s built-in speakers. Your audio presentation will be filled with spacious and immersive sound and deep impactful bass that will significantly enhance your TV viewing experience.