Panasonic’s new DP-UB820-K 4K Blu-ray Disc Player – Product Profile
4K Ultra HD with HDR10+ and Dolby Vision Playback – Hi-Res Sound – 4K VOD Streaming – Alexa/Google Voice Assist
Price – $499.00
Panasonic is about to release it’s follow-up to their excellent and highly regarded DP-UB820 4K HDR Blu-ray player. The upcoming DP-UB820-K will continue this custom, offering reference quality video playback with state-of-the-art video processing which in part will increase the overall quality of 4K HDR sources.
Ever since Oppo left the Blu-ray disc player market last year, I was left bewildered concerning where I would turn to for my future reference quality disc player needs that wouldn’t cost me a small fortune… fast forward to today and my research has led me to Panasonic, who’s video products I have owned over the years with much delight; and now my focus is on their new DP-UB820-K which will offer reference quality video playback and much more.
Panasonic claims the DP-UB820-K will also produce high-quality audio, using a 192-kHz/32-bit 4-DAC. I will test its audio capability once I obtain this player. I can only hope (but somewhat doubtful) it will rival the high-quality audio playback from my Oppo BDP-83SE Blu-ray player which I use for dedicated two-channel analog listing and contains a dedicated high-end two-channel DAC and refined audio circuitry.
DP-UB820-K Features List:
- High Dynamic Range playback in four 4K/HDR formats including HDR10+, HDR10, Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log-Gamma (HLG).
- Panasonic’s HCX (Hollywood Cinema Experience) processor maximizes color, clarity and detail in the HDR formats mentioned above, all enhanced by premium high definition sound. Smart viewing features include voice assist with Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant and 4K VOD NETFLIX/ YouTube streaming.
- As mentioned earlier – 192-kHz/32-bit 4-DAC for high-res audio that reveals both rich and delicate tones. Twin HDMI terminals separate and transmit A/V signals for higher sound quality.
- Connect to your audio system for Hi-Res studio master sound from DSD (5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz/11.2MHz) and ALAC music files and WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA/AIFF formats.
- Chroma processing with 4K high precision processing, 4K image color signals (4:2:0) are interpolated into 4K (4:4:4) by a multi-tap chroma process to give you full, natural textures and depth.
- 4K upscaling – Upconverts full HD (1080p) to 4K quality for suburb 4K color and detail.
- HD Optimizer -Vastly improves high-brightness imaging even in HDR-compatible TVs with low peak brightness.
- Pure sound rendering – The 192-kHz/32-bit 4-DAC supports high-res audio to reveal both rich and delicate tones in music and vocals.
- 1 seven ch. analog audio output – Connect to a surround sound receiver with corresponding 7.1 multi-channel input for a totally immersive experience.
- Enhanced sound purity – HDMI Low Clock Jitter Process consistently reproduces the original sound recorded onto your Blu-ray discs and DVDs for exceptional audio no matter which brand of TV or AV receiver you have.
- Studio Master Sound – Connect to your audio system for true Hi-Res sound from DSD (5.6 MHz/2.8 MHz/11.2MHz) and ALAC music files and WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA/AIFF formats.
- 4K VOD Streaming -Internet video is supported by YouTube and NETFLIX for a wider variety of 4K content choices.
- 1 HDMI audio/video output
- 1 HDMI audio output only
- 1 Digital Optical output
- 1 7 Channel Analog audio out (front, surround, rear, center, subwoofer)
- 1 USB 3.0 input
- 1 USB 2.0 input
- 1 Ethernet input
- Built-in Wi-Fi
Dimensions (W x H x D) 16-15/16” x 2-1/2” x 8-1/16”
Weight: 5.3 lbs
Warranty Information: Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor
I’m looking forward to getting my hands on this player. And just like its predecessor, the DP-UB820, I believe Panasonic’s latest version of this Blu-ray will be a very fine performer.
The new DP-UB820-K is available now at Best Buy.com.