Samsung KU6270 4K Ultra HD TV
55″ UN55KU6270 & 60″ UN60KU6270 60Hz HDR Smart LED TV – Product Profile
Samsung recently released a new 6 Series model just in time for the holiday season. The new model (as noted above) is available in two screen sizes and contains the latest technology features which include 4K resolution and HDR (High Dynamic Range) capability, in addition to a very good smart TV platform powered by a Tizen operating system.
The KU6270 is virtually identical in design, features and functionality to Samsung’s KU6300 (see review here). So I would expect its overall performance to be very similar to the KU6300; therefore, this should give you an idea of what to expect from the KU6270 since this article isn’t an actual review of this model.
However, for comparison, the KU6270 does lack Bluetooth capability, no Smart Touch remote control, no composite or component inputs and no 3.5mm composite and component adapters, which are available on the KU6300.
The KU6270 is an exclusive model available for purchase from select retailers: The 55″ KU6270 is available only from Best Buy and is currently on sale for $479.99, a savings of $320.00, while the 60″ KU6270 is only available at Walmart for $648.00, a savings of $451.99. You may also want to check out the 55″ KU6290 which is very similar to the KU6270 and is on sale at Best Buy for $599.00.
Note: Check the retailers’ websites mentioned above for current pricing and availability.
- The KU6270 uses direct-lit LED backlighting for panel illumination. This technique places zones of LEDs directly behind the TV’s screen. The advantages of this lighting scheme vs. edge-lit LED designs are more uniform screen lighting and a brighter picture image. It can also improve contrast and black level performance.
- Samsung’s Premium HDR or High Dynamic Range provides increased contrast with a greater range of peak brightness (highlights) and black levels, in addition to better picture detail and more vibrant colors.
- UHD Dimming optimizes color, contrast, and image detail by processing the image characteristics prior to them being displayed on the screen.
- Ultra Clear Panel – Get the best picture with minimized glare from any angle with a screen that absorbs ambient light, reduces reflections, and lets the picture come to life.
- UHD Upscaling – Upconverts lower resolution media (non-4K) to a stunning near ultra high-definition experience with enhanced detail and optimized picture quality.
- Motion Rate 120 for motion blur reduction – native refresh rate is 60Hz
- HEVC/VP9 decoding for watching streamed 4K video sources like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video and YouTube.
- DIRECTV 4K Ready – DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can enjoy 4K service and full DVR features without an additional receiver.
- Quad-Core processor for seamless web browsing capability while surfing the internet from the TV
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi to connect to your wireless network
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Full Web Browser
- Smart Hub: Samsung’s latest smart TV Tizen OS and Smart Hub are designed to provide users with simple access to their favorite content all in one place. Live TV, over the top (OTT), games and even the menu that appears on the home screen of Samsung Smart TVs will allow users to access their favorite programs as soon as they turn on the TV.
- 3 HDMI ports
- 2 USB ports
- 1 Ethernet port
- 1 RF input for antenna, cable or satellite
- 1 Digital optical audio output
- HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2 compliant
Dimensions: 55″ model
- With stand: (W x H x D) 48.9″ x 31.0″ x 12.2″
- Without stand: (W x H x D) 48.9″ x 28.3″ x 2.5″
Weight: 55″ model
- With stand: 35.3 lbs.
- Without stand: 33.1 lbs.
Dimensions: 60″ model
- With stand: (W x H x D) 57.6″ x 35.7″ x 14.5″
- Without stand: (W x H x D) 57.6″ x 33.2″ x 2.5″
Weight: 60″ model
- With stand: 56.9 lbs.
- Without stand: 52.2 lbs.
Updated on 2/2/2017