Samsung UN55JU6500 4K Ultra HD TV Review
A Quick Look at Samsung’s 4K UHD 55″ JU6500 60Hz (120Hz effective) Smart LED TV
The JU6500 Series resides in the middle of Samsung’s standard J Series 4K lineup. This display is available in the following screen sizes: 40″ 48″ 50″ 55″ 60″ 65″ and 75″.
The styling and design of this set is pleasingly attractive, yet with an average looking trim and finish. The black plastic bezel is reasonably thin measuring just over a 1/2″ in width. The depth of the panel comes in just under two inches at 1.89″ thick.
I like the stand on this TV, which Samsung calls a Plate T-Shape design and is coated in a black glossy finish. The stand proved to be very stable as I gave it my so called stability test by gently rocking the panel back and forth. This type of stability bodes well in greatly reducing the chance of TV tip-over.
The glossy screen is illuminated with LED edge lit backlighting with UHD Dimming which Samsung claims adjusts brightness to deliver deeper blacks and brighter whites.
Other features include:
- A Quad-Core Processor for faster web browsing and enhanced media processing
- HEVC/H.265 and VP9 encoding allows for 4K video streaming from service providers such as Netflix, Amazon Instant and YouTube
- The Ultra Clear Panel absorbs ambient light and reduces reflections for optimal picture quality in a brightly lit viewing environment
- UHD 4K upscaling converts all non Ultra HD content to near 4K quality – this is ideal for viewing your 1080p blu-ray and standard DVD collection
- Motion Rate 120 for motion blur reduction
- Samsung Smart Hub smart TV platform with Tizen OS – this redesigned Smart Hub enables easy navigation and quick access to a variety of apps including Netflix, Vudu, HuluPlus, Amazon Instant Video, CinemaNow and much more – this Smart Hub also offers a host of interactive capabilities
- Full web browser
- Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi for a faster connection to your home network
- Wi-Fi Direct which allows you to wirelessly connect to your mobile devices without the use of a router
- Direct TV RVU compatible
- Standard backlit remote control
- 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs (HDCP 2.2 compliant)
- 1 Component video input
- 1 Composite video input
- 3 USB inputs
- 1 Ethernet input
- 1 RF input for antenna/cable/satellite
- 1 Digital optical audio output
- 1 Stereo minijack output
See the review of the JU7100 here.