Sharp LC55UB30U 4K Ultra HD TV Review
A Quick Look at Sharp’s 55″ AQUOS UB30U 60Hz (120Hz effective) Smart LED TV
The UB30U is part of Sharp’s entry-level lineup of 4K TVs which offers an affordable option with decent performance if you’re looking to upgrade to an Ultra HD display. This series is also available in 43″, 50″ and 65″ screen sizes.
The UB30U features Sharp’s Ultra-Narrow Bezel design for a very sleek and near-frameless appearance. However, this is in contrast to the TVs panel depth, which is on the thick side for a flat panel design, measuring just over 2.5 inches.
The TV’s stand consists of two arch shaped feet that are positioned at the ends of the display panel, which adds an attractive design element to this sets overall appearance. I’d like to bring special attention to the stability this stand designs provides… this particular design offers some of the best, if not the best stability I have every encountered in a flat panel TV stand. Well done Sharp!
Other features include:
- Glossy screen/illuminated with edge-lit LED backlighting
- Sharp’s 4K Revelation Upscaler displays all non-native content at near 4K quality
- Quad-core processor
- Aquo Motion 120 for clearer images during fast motion scenes
- Smart Central 3.0 smart TV platform. (The UB30 Series does not offer Android TV)
- HEVC/H.265 and VP9 decoding for 4K video streaming from Netflix, Amazon Instant and YouTube for example.
- Wi-Fi capability (802.11 b/g/n)
- 2 channel down-firing 20-watt audio system
- Wallpaper mode allows you to display your favorite photos when TV is turned off.
- 4 HDMI 2.0 inputs (HDCP 2.2 compliant)
- 1 Component video input (shared)
- 1 Composite video input (shared)
- 2 USB inputs
- 1 Ethernet input
- 1 RF input for antenna/cable/satellite
- 1 Digital optical audio output
- 1 Analog stereo output (RCA)
You may also like this review:
*Amazon.com customer reviews