SunBrite TV Veranda Series Outdoor TVs
Veranda Full-Shade LED/LCD 4K HDR Displays – Product Profile
When most of us think of TVs, we usually don’t give thought to whether it needs to be an indoor or outdoor model. But the fact is if you ever decide you want to install a TV outdoors to entertain your family and guest; then any brand or model just won’t do. You will need a TV designed specifically for this purpose.
Permanently setting up and/or installing a TV that was designed for indoor use only is asking for trouble. The harsh outdoor weather elements will certainly shorten the lifespan of the TV while also creating an electrical safety hazard.
For outdoor purposes, you will need a TV that is weatherproof and able to withstand an outdoor environment that dishes out rain, humidity, dust, extreme hot and cold temperatures, and even those uninvited creepy-crawly guest (bugs/insects) that may be looking for a permanent residence inside your TV.
Choosing an outdoor TV: One brand to consider is SunBrite TV. This company has been manufacturing quality outdoor TVs since 2004, and is a leading manufacturer of outdoor televisions and specializes in outdoor models only.
About SunBrite TV (info in italics is from their website): SunBriteTV designs and engineers the only time-tested TVs in the world that are specifically built from the ground up for the outdoor environment. These true all-weather, outdoor LED-LCD TVs deliver superior brightness while resisting the harsh effects of rain, dirt, insects, extreme temperatures and UV rays.
All SunBriteTV models are designed, engineered, and assembled in our production facilities in California, Texas, and/or North Carolina — making SunBriteTV the only consumer brand that actually manufactures televisions in the United States.
Is SunBrite the best outdoor TV?
SunBriteTV HDTVs have earned a reputation for toughness and durability and have lasted for years in some of the harshest climates in North America. SunBriteTV is the outdoor TV of choice for many professional sports stadiums including Yankee Stadium, Gillette Stadium, Wrigley Field, Soldier Field, Marlins Park, and many others.
SunBrite has a full range of outdoor TVs for your specific environment and includes models for full-shade (Veranda Series), partial-sun (Signature Series) and full-sun (Pro Series) outdoor applications.
In this article, I’m focusing on the entry-level Veranda Series. As noted above, the Veranda Series is designed for full-shade use only. It is available in four screen sizes/models and includes the 43” SB-V-43-4KHDR-BL, 55” SB-V-55-4KHDR-BL, 65” SB-V-65-4KHDR-BL and 75” SB-V-4KHDR-BL.
The current Veranda Series are 2019 models, are available now, and priced as followed: 43” ($1,499.00), 55” ($1,999.00), 65” ($3,499.00), and 75-inch ($4,999.00).
Veranda Series Features:
- The Veranda series is up to 50% brighter than indoor televisions for improved viewing in brighter outdoor environments and is designed for full-shade applications such as patios, porches and sunrooms.
- Sleek modern design with a powder-coated (black only) rust-proof aluminum chassis protects internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air. The Veranda series can operate in low temperatures from -24°F and high temperatures up to 104°F.
- 4K resolution (2160p)
- HDR support (HDR10) for extended contrast range, peak brightness and enhanced color reproduction
- Direct-lit LED backlighting for good contrast and black levels
- 450 nits peak brightness output
- Contrast ratio: 4000:1
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Weatherproof remote control
- Weatherproof cable entry system uses thick gaskets to seal out moisture
- Large weatherproof media bay allows for connectivity to media streaming devices such as Chromecast, Roku Stick, Amazon Fire Stick and Apple TV.
- The Veranda series contains built-in 20W down-firing speakers that produce good sound output, plus the TV also has a built-in 20W amp for select SunBrite soundbars.
- Wall mount
- Optional tabletop stand for 55” and 65” models only
- Optional Deck Planter Pole
Note: The Veranda series has no built-in smart TV capability. However, the easy solution to fixing this issue is to connect a streaming media device such as a Roku Stick or other devices that will allow for smart TV functionality. Also, SunBrite TVs do not have built-in Wi-Fi or Bluetooth capability.
- 3 HDMI 2.0 inputs / HDCP 2.2 compliant (HDMI port 2 has ARC – Audio Return Channel capability)
- 1 PC/VGA video input
- 1 PC/VGA audio input
- 1 Component video input
- 1 Composite video input
- 1 USB 3.0 input
- 1 RF input for cable/satellite
- 1 Digital optical audio output
- 1 Analog audio output
- 1 Ethernet input
- 1 Soundbar output connection for optional SunBrite soundbar
If you’re in the market for a quality outdoor TV, then SunBrite is a good place to start your search. They provide plenty of options and you should be able to find a model that suits your needs.
Furthermore, I suggest you check out the positive customer reviews of the Veranda Series Outdoor TVs at Amazon.com.
For more info on SunBrite TV products, visit their website at sunbritetv.com