I thought it was time to feature these awesome SVS products once again! The SB16-Ultra and PB16-Ultra. These flagship 16-Ultra Series models are the biggest and most powerful SVS subwoofers ever built, and incorporate three new engineering design innovations…
- Massive All-New 16” Ultra Driver with Unprecedented 8” Edge Wound Voice Coil
- Stunningly Powerful 1,500 Watts Continuous, 5,000+ Watts Peak Power Sledge Amplifier with Fully Discrete MOSFET Output with Advanced DSP Control using 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power
- Groundbreaking New Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for Apple and Android Devices
The SB16-Ultra is the smaller of the two new subwoofers and is a sealed design, while the PB16-Ultra is a ported design with a larger enclosure.
Both models feature a front panel display for control and setup of the subwoofer. These subs also include an IR remote which can be used to adjust nearly every one of the advanced subwoofer control settings with two-way feedback on the front panel display.
Spec Source – SVS
Specs – SB16-Ultra
- Driver: 16″
- Amplifier: 1500 watts RMS (5000+ watts peak)
- Dimensions: 20″ H x 19.5″ x W 20.1″ D
- Weight: 122 lbs.
- Frequency Response: 16-460Hz ±3 dB
Specs – PB16-Ultra
- Driver: 16″
- Amplifier: 1,500 watts RMS (5,000+ watts peak)
- Dimensions: 25” H x 21.7” W x 30.9” D
- Weight: 174 lbs.
- 15-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (standard mode – all ports open)
- 13-280 Hz +/- 3 dB (extended mode – 2 ports open)
- 14-360 Hz +/- 3 dB (sealed mode – all ports sealed)
The 16-Ultra Series is shipping now. Pricing for the new SVS subwoofers is $1,999.99 for the sealed SB16-Ultra and $2,499.99 for the ported PB16-Ultra. Both models are available in a premium black oak or piano gloss black finish and come standard with a protective, non-resonant steel mesh grille.
For more detailed info visit the SVS website.
Source and image credit SVS
What combination would be better. Now I have two SB-2000 in my 12 x 15 x 9h completly closed room. Or I would do better buying only one of this little monster SB-16 Ultra?
Having dual subwoofers such as your SB2000’s, along with proper placement will give you a smoother and/or optimal frequency response at most if not all listening positions in your room compared to a single subwoofer. On the other hand, one SB-16 Ultra should outperform your dual SB2000’s in sound quality and deep bass output levels with lower frequency response within your listening area, in my opinion.