TCL is expanding its 2019 TV lineup with the new 8-Series QLED 4K HDR TVs. This lineup will consist of the 65” 65Q825 ($1,999.99) and the 75” 75Q825 ($2,999.99).
Update: The 8-Series will be sold exclusively at Best Buy in the US market and is now available for pre-order at Best Buy stores and Best Buy.com.
TCL isn’t new to QLED technology and has been manufacturing and selling QLED TVs in China for over five years, so they definitely have the know-how with this tech and have now decided to bring it to the US market.
QLED TVs use quantum dot LEDs to produce a picture image and have an advantage over traditional LEDs in the form of better color reproduction, and are capable of delivering 100% color volume in the P3 color space, boosting color saturation and delivering purer more vibrant colors at all brightness levels.
TCL claims to have improved on QLED (quantum dot) technology with the 8-Series by delivering groundbreaking new technology for an experience of color, contrast and clarity that’s unmatched by any other television.
Great contrast is a key picture metric for strong TV picture performance. Hence, TCL’s completely new contrast technology was developed and is being deployed for the first time in their 2019 8-Series models. TCL’s new Quantum Contrast technology is powered by newly developed high-performance mini-LED backlights and contains more than 25,000 individual mini-LEDs powering the 75” 8-Series model, which is far more than the few hundred traditional LEDs found in other large screen TVs.
TCL also states: Taking the lead with this first-to-market Quantum Contrast technology, the 8-Series has the stunning ability to produce brilliant whites shining next to deep blacks and now sets a new benchmark for LCD TVs to directly take on high-contrast OLED TVs in delivering a superior overall viewing experience. Quantum Contrast yields a major improvement in picture performance with advantages over traditional TVs that have standard LED technology, including a significant jump in total TV brightness, substantial increase in Contrast Control Zones (local dimming zones), smoother and improved even light distribution throughout the screen, enhanced uniform reproduction of color across the screen, wider viewing angles and a slimmer design.
- Wide Color Gamut powered by Quantum Dot technology – Experience lifelike picture quality with vivid wide color and striking contrast.
- Quantum Contrast – Quantum LED technology for more powerful and precise contrast control zones.
- High-performance mini-LED backlighting with local dimming
- Dolby Vision, HDR10 and HLG HDR formats
- AiPQ Engine with Smart HDR, Smart 4K Upscaling, and Smart Contrast – optimizes color, contrast and clarity
- Full View edge-to-edge glass display
- Bezel-less design on the top and sides of the screen
- Dolby Atmos – for more immersive surround sound
- Easy Voice Control with Alexa and Google Assistant compatibility
- Auto Game Mode for a responsive gaming experience
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), reduces video game lag
- Roku smart TV OS provides thousands of streaming channels with over 500,000 movies & TV episodes
- Enhanced Remote with Voice Control
- High-speed 802.11ac wireless and Ethernet networking
- 4 HDMI (1 ARC)
For more info on TCL’s 2019 lineup click here.
Updated on 10/10/2019