Sonos Wireless music system with Dolby Atmos, Apple AirPlay 2, and built-in voice control
Sonos soundbars are very popular among consumers and for good reason; they produce great sound and are décor friendly.
Sonos’ Beam Gen 2 has been updated for better performance featuring more advanced sound processing. The second-generation Beam model has an updated CPU and is 40% faster than the original Sonos Beam. This increased processing power enables two additional audio arrays for enhanced clarity and depth. It has the same number of speakers as the original Beam, but they can all act independently to create 3D sound effects.
The Gen 2 uses psychoacoustics which is how our brain processes sound in three-dimensional space to map and project effects so they sound as if they’re coming from above or behind you. Its five built-in speakers steer the sound effects for a greater sense of accuracy and immersion and track sounds as they move in three dimensions; for example, you can experience a helicopter hovering overhead to bullets zipping from one side of the room to the other.
The Beam Gen 2 also adds support for uncompressed, high-quality surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos for object-based audio and will provide a deeper and wider soundstage.
The Beam Gen 2’s wireless multi-room capability allows it to connect to other Sonos speakers to stream music throughout your home.
The Beam Gen 2 has built-in voice control for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. You can even use the soundbar’s voice control to give commands to other Sonos equipment it’s connected to.
- Powered sound bar with built-in voice control and support for Dolby Atmos
- Plays TV sound, streaming music, and digital audio files from your home network
- Communicates with other Sonos players via Wi-Fi or a dedicated SonosNet wireless network
- Stream sound from TV shows and movies to other Sonos speakers
- 5 built-in speakers, each with a matching Class D digital amplifier:
-4 full-range woofers for warm, accurate mids and lows
-1 tweeter for crisp highs
-3 passive radiators for powerful bass
- Speech Enhancement option helps clarify dialogue
- Advanced far-field microphone delivers responsive voice control:
-mic can be muted with a tap, and an LED indicator lets you know when the mic is off
- Apple AirPlay 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone or iPad and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- 1 HDMI 2.0 port (cable included):
-supports Audio Return Channel (ARC) and enhanced Audio Return Channel (eARC)
-supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Digital
- An optical digital audio adapter is included as a secondary connection option (does not support Dolby Atmos)
- Ethernet port for a wired internet connection
- Pair with a Sonos Sub and two Sonos One SL speakers to create a completely wireless 5.1 home theater surround sound system
The Sonos Beam (Gen 2) is an excellent compact soundbar system and will substantially improve the audio from your TV with high-quality immersive sound.
Shop Sonos audio products at Amazon.com